For years I was terrified at even attempting to make my own cheesecake and decided to put my big girl pants on and give it a try!
Scroll down to see the recipe and take a peek at the smores cheesecake I made for my daughters birthday.
The cherry cheesecake pictured below I made just to test the recipe. 👍
I used the recipe below from Kraft Recipes
Kraft Recipes Philadelphia Classic Cheesecake
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 4 pkg. (8 oz. each) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 4 eggs
Heat oven to 325°F.
- Combine graham crumbs, 3 Tbsp. sugar and butter; press onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan.
- Beat cream cheese, 1 cup sugar and vanilla with mixer until blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each just until blended. Pour over crust.
- Bake 55 min. or until center is almost set.
A Quick Tip
Now one issue some people have when making their cheesecake is that if you have no intentions on using a topping the cracking of the top of the cheesecake can be a downer. The cheesecake will crack due to the lack of moisture in your oven and you can resolve that by placing a simple pan of water beneath the cheesecake on a lower rack.
- Run knife around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool before removing rim.
- Refrigerate cheesecake 4 hours.
- Once the cheesecake is cool you can add any topping you would like.
Here are some pics of the Smores cheesecake I made for my daughters Birthday.